Friday, July 26, 2024

Covid: Ruining Plans Since 2020

 

Thursday night we recieved an email from Pilgrim Lodge letting us know that Covid cases had turned up a camp. The good news was that it was not in the Climate Justice group but was found in the Hogwarts session that was running concurrently with Climate Justice. Those children who tested positve were sent home. 

At 9:30am today the decission was made to end both camps early. While Climate Justice still seemed to be unaffected they decided that to be on the safe side that all campers should head home today. Thankfully, I was working half days all week so I was able to begin the journey to Maine at 11:00am when my work day ended. It took me an hour longer to get there than usual so I was grateful to have been able to set out earlier than I would have had I worked until my normal 3:00pm. 

I got to camp right before 3:00pm and Grace and I then headed to Freeport to grab an early dinner and walk around a bit before heading home. Not knowing how long the return trip would take we figured we might as well break it up a bit and get a yummy lobster roll while we were at it. 

And so, another summer at PL has come a close. Here's to next year, and the hope that Covid won't rear it's ugly head again then! xo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment