Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Planting Seeds

Today was a cold, rainy, gloomy day. So in order to bring a little more spring to our day I thought it would be fun to plant the carrot seeds we bought last Friday. Dave decided that he wanted to try growing carrots in our garden this year, so we picked up some seeds and a wonderful little indoor greenhouse from Burpee on Friday and planted them today.

This little greenhouse is really neat!

For the pellets to work they needed to be wet so that they could expand and turn into soil for the seeds to be placed in. It was so cool to see it happen.  I had a feeling this step should be done by  me so I had Grace take pictures.  They came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.














"Shhh!"

"A Night!"


And now we wait.  
Enjoy the rest of the day, friends. 
We'll see you tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. peat moss pellets are such an easy way to do it! :) love them. (we don't do it that way very often.) I don't know why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so fun to see expand when we got them wet! Looking forward to seeing how our seeds do, although if they all take we'll certainly be looking to give some of the seedlings away since I am not so sure we need 25 carrot plants. But who knows, maybe we do! :)

    ReplyDelete