Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Walk for Hunger

Today, we got up bright and early and headed to Boston to participate in The Walk for Hunger.  The Walk for Hunger is America's oldest pledge walk, and is 20 miles long (we only completed seven miles of it). It starts and ends on Boston Common.  I have to say that I was rather impressed that we were on the road at 7:00am, and even more impressed with how easily we walked the length of it that we did!  Maybe next year we can make it even farther!
The girls had their first ride on the T today. 



Heading to check in.



Heading to the starting line.





Peek-a-boo!
I see you!



Checkpoint Two.


The amount of people participating was incredible!

A balloon arch can mean only one thing:
We've reached the finish line!

We felt lie we were in the Amazing Race when we passed by these fabulous drummers!

We decided to treat our fabulous daughters to a ride on the Frog Pond Carousel.



Heading home after an impromptu BBQ with Tom, Mary, Molly and Will.
The perfect ending to a perfect day.

We're super tired, but it's a good tired. 
So, on that note, we're off to go crash. 
We'll see you tomorrow.  

2 comments:

  1. I did the walk 5 times in high school and college with a large group of friends. We did the whole thing and had so much fun. Some of my very favorite memories. We hurt the next day, but it was totally worth it!
    Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you are my hero! I can imagine that you hurt the next day but I bet you felt incredible too! Seven miles really was not so bad, and I feel like we could have done one (or two) more checkpoints. The girls however, had had their fill of being in the strollers so we figured between that and the heat we should call it quits. Hopefully someday we'll be able to do the whole thing. Something to add to the to do list for later on!

    ReplyDelete