Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Connecting

Today was one of those days where while we did a lot of fun things nothing seemed photo worthy and so I was left thinking that it would most likely end up being a blogpostless night.  That was until we had our first foray into the world of Skype.  Melissa, a kindred spirit and the mama over at Simple Whimsy had asked if we could set up a time for our four girls to Skype.  Our girls all became instant friends the moment they met at Unschoolers Rock the Campground this summer (as did us mamas).  And while Facebook and Instagram have been a great way for our girls to see each other they clearly needed a little something more.  The girls could not have been more excited to see their friends tonight! At first their was a lot of waving.  And a lot of saying "hi".  And a lot of "this is so cool!" It was so sweet to listen to them chat with each other.  They showed each other toys, books, what they had in their bedrooms and, of course, their guinea pigs!  There was even some discussion of what they were all hoping for for Christmas (American Girl dolls are at the top of all four wish lists)! I am so excited we took the plunge and signed up for Skype! It was such a great way to reconnect after months of not hearing each other's voices.  No sooner did we say good-bye then the girls started asking about when we could Skype again next. "Oh Mama, that was so much fun! I am so glad that we got to visit with our friends and I can't wait for the next time that we can do that and the next time that we can play with them for real!"  Me too, Grace, me too.  

4 comments:

  1. Skype is awesome isn't it? I struggle with the whole technology thing a lot of the time, but you can't deny how amazing it is to connect with people who you can't see in person on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was resistant for a very long time too! I think I had seen too many "To Catch A Predetor" type TV shows that freaked me out! If we did not have Dave's phone we wouldn't have been able to Skype yesterday since I was the one that put the kabosh on the computer monitor with the webcam in it! I am so glad that we got to Skype and I loved that our first Skype session was with friends we hadn't seen in months! Very special indeed!

      Delete
  2. Me three, Grace. :o). I'm so glad we were able to make that Skype session happen for them. These girls are all so sweet together. I can't wait until distance is no longer an issue :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too my friend! We are counting the days until ya'll are here (and keeping our fingers crossed that you live close by!)! Thanks so much for suggesting it! Let's visit again soon! :)

      Delete