Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chatting With Gramma:: It's Hump Day!

"Hey, Gramma! Guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!" 
"It's hump day!"
Telling Gramma about the tire on her bike popping. 

So, over the weekend my mom shared with me that she was really looking forward to Wednesday arriving so that she could call us and ask what day it is. Sadly, I had no idea what she was talking about. She goes on to say: "Haven't you seen the Geico commercial where the camel asks everyone what day it is?" This is just further confirmation that my mom is way more in the loop than I am. So, I look it up on YouTube ('cause I was dying to see what she was giggling about) and instantly laughed at the sight of this camel in an office asking everyone what day it is! I finish my phone call with my mom and then head into the living room where the girls are playing. "Girls, I have got to show you this thing Gramma was just telling me about!" and proceed to turn on the commercial. Grace takes one look at it and says: "Guess what day it is!" My jaw hits the ground and I say to her: "You know this commercial too?!" And without missing a beat she looks right at me and says: "Yeah Mom! It's hump day!" So, not only does my almost 65 year old mother have more of a clue about pop culture things than I do but evidently so does my almost seven year old daughter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment