Saturday, January 25, 2020

Baby's First Interview

Today was Grace's Junior Intern interview at Old Sturbridge Village. We arrived about fifteen minutes early and made our way to where the interview was to take place (stopping first so I could take a quick picture of her near the "Junior Intern interview" sign). We were warmly welcomed by Kim Adams, director of the Junior Intern program. She invited Grace into her office and invited Emma and I to wait just outside of it while she and Grace chatted. It was really neat to listen as they talked and Grace did a wonderful job answering all her questions. She had brought along examples of various handwork projects she had completed to show Ms. Adams and I heard Kim exclaim that she did wonderful work!

Shortly after that Emma and I were invited to join in the fun! We sat and listened to Kim tell Grace all about the program. When she got to the part about the training weekend in May Grace and I locked eyes, our hearts sinking as we heard the words "the first wekeend in May." Dang it, I was so sure I heard it was the middle of May! Ms. Adams talked a bit more and then asked if we had any questions. It was then that I asked about the training dates and she explained that "yes, it's usually mid-May but we have a graduation that weekend so it had to be moved." I told her then that sadly Grace has her final dance competition of the season that weekend and wouldn't be able to attend. All our hearts were sad but then Ms. Adams smiled and said: "I will keep your application on file and since we have already interviewed we won't need to do that again". She then turns to me and says "send me an email next fall and we'll put her name back in." We thanked her for a lovely start to our weekend and went on our way. All three of us were disappointed that it didn't work out for this year but are grateful she'll have the opportunity in 2021! xo 

1 comment:

  1. So proud of Grace for doing what we knew she would do- ace the interview! Sad that she won't be able to do it this year, sounds like she was going to be offered it. But excited for the autumn. We can't wait to visit OSV and see Grace! xoxo

    ReplyDelete