Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mama's New Camera

Yes, that's right my friends, I finally have a lovely new camera!  The camera I have been using is great but there were a few things that I really wanted to be able to do that it just was not capable of.  So this year for my birthday I asked for only one thing: a new camera,. And thanks to my parents, Dave's parents and Dave all going in on my birthday gift my brithday wish was able to come true!  After lots of discussion, research and a fateful trip to Lyman Orchards for my parents (where they saw this lovely camera in action on the "Berry Ferry") it was decided that this was the one that would best fit my needs.  My mom ended up locating it yesterday and so she, my Dad, the girls and I met up in Manchester today for the big hand off.  I clearly still have a ways to go in learning to use this camera, but I think it's safe to say that it was indeed the right choice! 
Gramma, Grace and Emma hang out with Sabrina the Giant Flemish Rabbit.
We had to try out the food setting!
Fiddling with all the different settings, I caputured (and fell in love with) this action shot.
Portrait setting.
The black and white setting is such a fabulous option to have!
Albert has never photographed this beautifully! Loving the pet portrait setting!
This was shot from our deck.  No zoom.
Trying out the dawn/dusk setting.  Can't wait to try it out on a lovely morning sunrise!
Once again from the deck, a little zoom, but cleraly not the right setting.
Shot from the very beginning of the yard (not too far from our deck stairs) with the zoom.  Awesome!
Dawn/dusk setting.
Dawn/dusk setting.
Photographed from the street, with zoom, and dawn/dusk setting.
Photographed with a little zoom and the dawn/dusk setting.

 And these pictures were all captured just in our exploring of the camera with no real knowledge of what we were doing.  The possibilites are endless!  Now just to figure out the low light setting, which it claims to have, and is something I have always wanted in a camera. If I can accurately capture candle light (or the moon!) I will be thrilled!  Hopefully, over the next several days I will be able to get a better grasp on the zoom, as well as what each setting does best and which one is ideal for photographing the girls (especially when they are in motion).  Thanks to everyone for making my birthday wish come true, and special thanks to my Mom and Dad for meeting up with us today so I can play with this awesome new toy! Looking forward to bringing it to the 4th of July parade tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment