Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome, 2014!


Last night after we finished our traditional New Year's Eve dinner of Chinese food we took our obligatory (grainy) picture, filled out our time capsule sheets (and looked back at last year's sheets) and shared out hopes and dreams for the coming year. Some of our hopes from last year came true, and some didn't, but we sure had fun regardless!
"My hopes for the coming year is the same as always- to make you and the girls happy. Oh, and I'd still like to make a barrel."-Papa
"I hope we have lots of fun. I'm glad we always have fun together. I hope to get better at rollerskating. And skiing. And reading. And I hope to spend lots of time with my family." -Grace
"I hope to keep building Legos like an artist and I hope to learn to sew. I hope to go skiing. And I want to spread kindness like scooping ice cream." -Emma
"I hope to finish learning to knit, to improve my sewing (and finally make those reusable gift bags I've been dreaming of for a few years) and to read more. I hope we can improve our garden this year, take more family trips this year and spend more time with our family in CT and NJ. Oh, and I hope to finally finish my DAR application this year too!"- Mama
Our watchword for this year is "harmony". Like when we chose kindness we all felt that the world could use more harmony and as such we shall spend this next year bringing harmony (and kindness and love and joy) wherever we go!
Our wish for you, our family and friends (and everyone reading this post) is for peace and love and joy and harmony in 2014. We hope that your year is off to a wonderful start, and that it's full of all things good! May this next year be your best yet! xoxo

1 comment: