Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Surprise For Grace And Emma

Yesterday we decided to surprise the girls with a trip to Build-A-Bear to build Ponies. We had walked by many times but had never really gone in (well not much farther than the front display of the store where the Ponies usually are, anyway). Not being a family that's big on stuffed animals I don't think they thought that these Ponies would ever be a reality for them. It was while we were considering gifts for Grace's recent birthday that we decided it would be fun to take both girls to build a Pony. We decided that rather than pair this adventure with Grace's birthday that we wait and take them sometime after her birthday had passed. Yesterday felt like the right time to surprise them with this so off we went! 
There smiles truly say it all! They were totally stunned when they saw where our adventure was! Truly, I don't think they believed this was really happening until we took the above picture of them and they were leaving the store with their Ponies in their boxes. Fluttershy and Rarity have not left their sides ever since and I imagine they will be constant companions for many moons to come! xo

6 comments:

  1. Looks like they enjoyed it Shel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It truly was! I really don't think they believed that we were making something there until we were walking out the door with the ponies! This isn't our norm but I think that's what makes it so much more exciting! :)

      Delete
  3. My daughter got to build her Panda named "Savadie" last November. My sister and law bought her all kinds of special skirts, tutus and dresses as well. She sleeps with her every night. There is something special about the process for a little kid. My daughter loves to tell the story. :-)

    So happy they had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yanic, I totally agree! I am so glad that we went and I know that these Ponies will be cherished for many moons to come! xo

      Delete