Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer Soul Camp

We are so excited to attending Summer Soul Camp hosted by Heather over at Beauty that Moves. When I first read about Camp I knew that I had to be a part of it! It just sounded truly delightful and like something that I simply had to experience. Little did I know that there would be a family option as well (what a lovely surprise)! 

The Day One materials arrived and I found myself lost in Heather's beautiful words and pictures. First up creating a mantra and a vision board. The mantra took a little time to decide upon as there were simply too many thoughts swirling around, and so much of what was being shared in the Facebook group was just so good that I kept thinking "wow, I like that one! Wish I had thought of that!" Thanks to a postcard I saw at Target our mantra was decided -Be Happy, Be Bright, Be You. We still have yet to create our vision board but at least we got the mantra figured out! 

The Day Two materials arrived and they were just as lovely as the first.  Our task this day was to set up camp. We needed to find a space to claim for the rest of camp (though I have a feeling that it will last well beyond). A space where we could just go and be. We knew that this space needed to be outside and it was quickly decided that the front porch made sense. This way we could be outside and leave our campsite set up regardless of the weather. We considered many tables and then finally settled on the one you see above. It's the girls table from the back deck and it works just perfectly for our campsite! A tablecloth was chosen, as was a vase for the flowers that we picked up from the farm on our way home from the lake. Candles we selected, as were books and magazines, and Grace's new card game. The "above all be kind" plaque just pulled it all together.

And no sooner were we done setting up our campsite than the girls settled in for some creating and reading and snacking. We have always loved this porch but seeing this space set up like that has made us all love it even more!

Thank you, Heather, for the gift of this camp experience! We are having the best time and cannot wait to see what else is in store! xo

4 comments:

  1. We are having fun too! So glad I jumped in and joined. Glad to be at camp with you Shel. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I am so glad that you are there too! Having dear friends at camp makes it all the more fun! xo

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful experience... heading over to the link to check it out in detail... wishing you many more wonderful soulful days. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read a little bit about this over at Kim's yesterday, and it sounded really interesting. Glad you're enjoying it too.

    ReplyDelete